Pages

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Caprese Salad

How great is Pinterest? It's an endless deluge of one great idea after another! I've gotten inspiration for so many projects and recipes from that site. I rarely copy the ideas exactly, but I followed the instructions on this blog pretty closely to make a tasty spin on a Caprese Salad. It was SO DELICIOUS!

My mouth is watering!
It was so quick and easy to make. I left about a tablespoon or more of the olive oil out and put in about that much balsamic vinegar in instead. It added a lot of flavor and subtracted over 100 calories from the dish. I also left out the parsley, salt, pepper, and optional baguette. I thought it was plenty flavorful without all of that. Each of the 6 servings came to right around 260 calories, almost 10 grams of protein, and 6 grams of carbs. Not bad for something that was so flavorful, protein-packed, and easy to make! This would be great to put with some grilled chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment